T: 01722 555 200     E: admin@stannsgate.com

Salisbury Cathedral West Front Conservation

« Back

The west front of Salisbury Cathedral was built in the mid thirteenth century, prior to 1258 when the cathedral was consecrated. Its conservation and repair between 1995 and 2000 formed part of a Major Repair Programme that now approaches completion.

The West Front project has informed the continued Major Repair Programme around the building which has contained elements of statuary conservation and replacement, masonry conservation, isothermal glazing and the conservation of ancient glass in conjunction with a full programme of recording that included a minute search for surviving medieval polychromy across the West Front.